08 June 2015

FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR LIFE



I am, by nature, a monogamous guy. If I have chosen to walk in life with someone, he is the only one for me. Now, that said, this is easy for me because I don't have eyes for anyone else when I'm in love, however, this isn't how most people think about it. I have friends, who are open with their relationships and they say it works for them, however when I'm around them a lot, I see these little unspoken resentments that haven't been addressed, yet the couple picks each other apart.  I would rather not live that way.

When my last relationship ended years ago, I decided all of the love songs, which would break my heart anew every time I thought of them; I would begin to sing as if singing them to myself, sometimes to the little boy in me, sometimes to the romantic, sometimes to the man, but always to myself. 

This allowed me to see how much I had become dependent on a love which hadn't had the potential to be, what I had convinced myself, it was. I had seen in it, what I wanted, needed to see. Once I had attached a tremendous percentage of my Romantic Love Myth to it, I had to make it work out. The burden I placed on the relationship, thinking the ballast was a positive, when in fact, it was exactly what it was, Sand Bags.  

We were on the same road but towns apart. I'm a romantic, a dreamer, an optimist; I am consistently struggling with the ideal I believe is possible and the reality of what others are honestly capable of living. I haven't been in a relationship in nearly 10 years, so I'm not sure how I'd even react to the interest toward me, but I will say, for me, the answer to the question Al Green sang about decades ago, "How do you mend a broken heart?" is definitely to LOVE BIGGER! 

Our tendency is to want to shut down when our heart is broken and I understand at first, we must go within to begin the healing process, but not get stuck there. To the depth I've felt sorrow is now to the height I can feel joy. When we expand, our consciousness expands in every direction. We expand our capacity to feel. 

So I figured, when I'm ready, I'll walk out into life filled with the joy of my gratitude for everything Ive experienced, blessing all who helped me get there, even if it wasn't intended for me. I am a better man, a grander lover, a more expansive being.

Let yourself be in love with your life. Talk yourself into it, if you have to, as your life will become whatever you focus on. Do your best to not complain, or tell of your "mistreatment" over and over;  Focus on cultivating a great respect for yourself, love for yourself will blossom as a result; To Live Happy!  What's more attractive than that?



















































©2015 RMAPhotography
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment