19 August 2015

TRUTH IS TRUE, EVEN WHEN I DON'T LIKE IT.



A principle is a principle, truth is true, even when I don't like it. There are times when I feel like I am living something, but I'm not getting the result and I want to rail against it, saying it doesn't work or it isn't true. However, when I am nakedly honest with myself, I have to look within myself to find where I am not true, because as much as I want it to be something or somebody else's fault, I am the common denominator of my life.  I hold the answer, I make the choices, I have the key to this locked box in which I find myself.  I can produce a litany of actions I am taking, things I am doing, all of them correct and justifiable, but still, there is this result in front of me, I do not want.  I can even convince others, get them to agree with me and offer solutions, which I will silently dismiss, knowing I've tried them all.  

The question ringing in my head, "What am I doing wrong?" and with it a sadness creeping over my frustration.  Then I stop.  What am I doing wrong?  That!  That's what I'm doing wrong!  I keep repeating that question beneath every thought in my head.  It has created a negative expectation, an expectation of disappointment, I realize I am feeling disappointed without anything really happening, except I am identifying with every piece of evidence around me pointing to disappointment.


My imagination, my greatest strength and the cornerstone of my work, is turned against myself.  I am imagining my life in the negative.  
A smile spreads across my face as tears well up in my eyes. I understand I have to turn this around, so I begin the process of identifying with my happiness.  I choose again, starting with something small very near me, so in my being, it has the feeling of truth to it.  Once I can feel the gratitude for that, then I go a little further, then embrace a little more of what makes my life so uniquely beautiful to me, and now I am on my way.  I remind myself to look for reasons to be happy along the way and I quietly thank myself for being willing to honestly see what I do, not only when I do it right, but when I'm getting it wrong.  The quality of my life is ultimately my responsibility, for better or for worse, it's all on me.


 "What you think, you become.  What you feel, you attract.  What you imagine, you create."  -- Buddha







































































































































©2015 RMAPhotography   ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment